I’m going to admit upfront that I love a New Years Resolution. I like to make them things I want to do, as opposed to giving anything up, and being a rather optimistic person I’ve got a list of ten (everything from give blood to join a hockey club). This got me thinking it would be good to make some New Years Resolutions for Quoats. Ignoring the sticky question of whether a company can have New Years Resolutions (if I’m going to have the fun of the tax return you can bet I’m also going to have the fun of making New Years Resolutions), here we go:
1. Get out and about – over the last few months we’ve done some tastings at lovely places in London and Yorkshire and talking to people about Quoats is definitely a highlight of being a start-up. This year we’ve got our first consumer trade show (Move Fit in March, see you there) and we’re planning on attending some festivals over the summer. I’m not sure why I haven’t had attend festivals on my New Years Resolutions before!
2. Get planning – starting a business means doing a bit of everything (and I mean everything), and that often means the most urgent jobs move to the top of the to do list. This year we want to look ahead more, making 90 day plans and longer term goals for Quoats.
3. Get developing – my favourite bit! We think it’s time for some new flavours (start building up that appetite family and friends!) so we’re going to be mixing things up in the kitchen and trying things out. We’re open to all suggestions so get them coming in!
4. Get social – we want to use social media to interact with you and to show you what’s going on behind the scenes. Watch out for more tractor lessons from Rob’s Granddad….there’s also a more technical side to this I need to get to grips with – Facebook advertising and Google analytics currently make my physics degree look like a piece of cake. I did manage to send out my first marketing email yesterday, though it did take three attempts – the first two I managed to send to a total of zero people!
5. Get people eating Quoats – the proof of the pudding (and the breakfast!) is in the eating, we want as many people as possible to try Quoats this year so they can see for themselves how delicious, convenient and nutritious it is! This means we’re going to be doing samplings and coming to goody bags at events near you – we’ll let you know where they are so you can get involved!
Each month I like to compare notes with friends or family to see how everyone is getting on with their New Years Resolutions (accountability + competition = results!). I’ll be giving Quoats marks out of 5 each month, so I’ll let you know how I get on!